Slow or no connection to Outlook from Quickbooks

MikePeller
Site Admin

Slow or no connection to Outlook from Quickbooks

Post by MikePeller »

Symptoms:
In QuickBooks when selecting Email while on an invoice, report, estimate, purchase order or etc. your functions for QuickBooks and Outlook lock up for longer a moment i.e. up to a minute possibly two before finally opening an email window in Outlook.

Cause:
QuickBooks connection to Outlook has become damaged due to a recent update or change to your computer.

Resolution:
A repair is needed to be run on Microsoft Office to recreate the connection between the two programs.
Windows XP:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office, and then click Change.
3. In the Microsoft Office Setup dialog box, click Reinstall or Repair, and then click Next.
4. Click Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Install.
5. Once the Repair is done running it will require a reboot of windows
Windows Vista:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office, and then click Change.
3. In the Microsoft Office Setup dialog box, click Reinstall or Repair, and then click Next.
4. Click Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Install.
5. Once the Repair is done running it will require a reboot of windows
Windows 7

1. Click on Windows icon in bottom left hand side of screen, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click on Hardware , Then click on Uninstall a program
3. Search the list for Microsoft Office Click on Microsoft Office to highlight it, Then Click on Change
4. In the Office window select Repair and Click continue
5. Let the process finish until it tells you done, At this point a restart of your computer will be needed

Upon Restart of your computer First open Office and then QuickBooks this should recreate the link between the two.